- 500 square inches of blaze orange clothing is recommended.
- Kills are usually made at short range due to thick brush and heavy cover.
- Methods of hunting are: stalking, putting hunters on stands, chasing with dogs, etc.
- We do have Sunday Hunts.
- Caryonah guest are welcome to fish at small private lakes, stocked with Bluegill and Bass, at no charge.
- Meat processing and taxidermist services are available.
- We serve two “Tennessee” home-cooked, all-you-can-eat meals per day.
- We are located 80 miles west of Knoxville, 90 miles north of Chattanooga, and 100 miles east of Nashville.
- A $200.00 deposit is required per hunter and will be subtracted from kill fee, therefore, will not be refunded and is non-transferable.
- Rifle and archery ranges available.
- Non-hunter rates are $75.00 per day for food and lodging. Hunters with no kill or photographers is $125.00 per day for food and lodging, guide and jeep.
- Non-lodging hunters and companions who hunt and make no kill is $75.00 per day.
- Suggested guns: 30-30, 30-06, 308, 270 and 44 Magnum, shotgun with rifle slugs, bows and muzzle loaders.
- Archery hunters welcome…Traditional, Recurve, Compound and Crossbow.
- All hunters must sign liability release at check-in.
- Our antique gun collection is on display for your enjoyment.
- Season open year-round.
- Guides will provide field dressing and transport to our walk-in cooler.
- Video cameras permitted in lodge area only. Not permitted on hunts.
- The Southeast’s oldest and largest, family owned hunting lodge.
- There is a pavilion with grill available for your use.
- R.V. parking with electric and water hook-ups available. Space is limited.
- Caryonah is a member of the NRA, NAHC and SCI.
PAYMENT: We accept cash, company checks, travelers checks, money orders or credit cards (3% fee) for hunt balances. Personal checks are accepted for deposits only. PERSONAL CHECKS are NOT ACCEPTED for hunt balances.
Legal Weapons in Tennessee
(Boar – Ram – Goat – Deer)
- May be hunted with rifles or shotguns with slugs.
- Rifles using rimfire ammunition or less than .24 caliber cannot be used.
- Semi-automatics are allowed.
- Handguns 357 caliber or larger.
- Muzzle loaders, flint or percussion, 40 cal. minimum and 58 cal. maximum.
- Shotguns 20 gauge or larger, using No.2 shot or smaller.
- Guns: 30-30, 32 Special, 35, 30-06, 308, 270 and 44 Magnum, shotgun with rifled slugs.
- Muzzle loaders
You will enjoy our antique gun collection.